Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm Am Thankful.



We just finised a great Thanksgiving dinner, and I thought I'd write a bit. I don't do this often. I'm always afraid I'll bore someone or worse, make them laugh AT me. I guess I should be thankful they are looking at all, lol, but this blog is for me so it really doesn't matter, and any laughter is good.

I thought I'd do a thankyou post. I'm thankful for family. Thankful my family is close, in spirit if not proximity. My nephew called today. He is strong and tall and in the Air Force. He is also stateside for a surprise visit. I am thankful he is able to visit. He sounds so much like his father. That is a man on the other end of the phone, not the child I held and rocked and sang to. How thankful I am for him.

My sister and young niece just left. They are the only family I have here in Asheville. We had a wonderful small Thanksgiving dinner, complete with all the trimmings. The girls (mine and hers and some of the neighborhood rugrats) all played for hours afterwards while Catherine and I watched the lighting of the Macy's Christmas Tree. I am thankful for pumpkin pie, a comfy couch corner, and quiet times where the lighting is dim and the heart is as full as the tummy.

My friend Heather and her two precious babies were here earlier on in the week. Sadly, her oldest, Aidan, was ill, but the visit was wonderful regardless. They stayed two nights and Heather and I got to enjoy Kona Coffee (a little known food group) in big mugs while relaxing on the back porch. I am thankful for good friends, good coffee and a good life. I am thankful Aidan is on the mend. I am thankful that we have the type of relationsjhip that is easy on the spirit. It is there and it is appreciated and it is never frenetic. I am thankful for good friends.

I am lucky. I live a nice life with wonderful kids, supporting family and really great friends, and I am THANKFUL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(((Carye))) I'd gotten out of the habit of checking your blog! I'm so glad to see you writing in it again.

Thank you for opening your home to us, germs and all.